Friday 31 January 2020

A Quick Question,

how many holes can you make in an eggshell?


for myself I would have though a few hundred, maybe with a ultra fine drill perhaps a thousand, but I was so wrong!, the previous record was a staggering 8,708 holes, held by a Pakistani artist, but now Turkey’s number one egg carving artist, Hamit Hayran, has set a new world record for the most number of holes carved into a single chicken egg, nearly 12,000 holes! photograph Anadolu Agency,

I have enlarged a portion of the first photograph to show some of the nearly 12,000 holes, 62-year-old Hamit Haryran is an expert at it, after becoming disabled in 1988, due to an occupational accident, he dedicated most of his time to egg-shell carving, and has since become one of the most celebrated egg carving artists in the world,

"Now I beat my own record with 11,827 holes," Hamit Hayran told Anadolu Agency, the experienced artist apparently spent a year breaking his own record. Although he didn’t reveal the technique he used to make sure the egg shell didn’t fall apart as he punctured it nearly 12,000 times, Hayran did say that he started out by emptying the contents of the egg with a syringe,unfortunately the above video is not in English, but you will get the basic idea, Hayran was the first Turk in the World Egg Carving Art Encyclopedia, and is also a member of the World Egg Carving Art Foundation, how did he do it? the next time I have boiled eggs for breakfast I will have a try with a piece of shell, no wait a minute I do not have a drill that small!


No comments: