Wednesday 8 January 2020

Diana Was Already On Her Way To Work,

as I feed the crows,


 and today the magpie,

 the one with the curled foot here again, beak full of peanuts,

 next stopdown to Kingfisheries, to return a water container I used to take water home for the aquarium,

 whilst there I had a look at the invertebrate aquarium thay have there, above a cluster of zoanthid polyps,

 some tubastraea, or sun corals as they are known with their tentacles not extended,

 one of the many species of pulse coralsXenia,

 a large polyp stony coral, Euphyllia,

 another cluster of zoanthid polyps,

 this piece of rock with more than a few corals attached to it, if only I had a larger aquarium!

 after picking up my 2 months prescription, totally free of charge now that I am a OAP, (old aged pensioner), I made my way home, noticing that the Christmas tree in the garden of the Foxgrove Lodge had been taken down,

 that was my cue,

 as I walked past the cherry trees,

 that will hopefully be in flower in a few months time, I decided that I would disassemble our tree and take it upstairs, easier said than done! it refused to come apart in the three sections it arrived in, but eventually it did, then the really difficult bit, actually getting it upstairs, what a struggle, but eventually it was there for the next time we need it,

 I also decided to attach some of the orchid flower stems to longer flower supports,

 this one was still not a problem,

 but this one was, so I gave it a longer support,

 the same for this one, the flower stem now at 90° to the main stem,

 
 now all is well,

 another candidate for a long support

 this particular one just keeps flowering, which is nice,

 before,

 and after,

 perhaps the most successful orchid we have, if you count the number of flowers and flower stems it is throwing out,

 and nice the flowers are too,

 a couple of the smaller orchids,

 also needed a helping support,

 another really successful plant, it just keeps on flowering,

this one I bought in a bargain basement nursery on ebay, the bidding started at .99p, I put in my usually unsuccessful bid and won, the postage at £2.95 was more than my bid! it arrived with no flowers, but in just a few months it started to flower, and has not stopped, I was going to play with some photographs upstairs,

 but I noticed A Man For All Seasons was about to start, so I watched that instead, after Diana arrived home and our evening meal it was feet up for a few game shows, and one from Murdoch Mysteries,

we rounded the evening off with a couple from The Witcher, next for us, we were off to bed.


4 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

I've watched The Witcher. It was very difficult to follow, until I realized that the timeline jumps between the past and the present. You don't realize that is happening, because none of the main characters age, so they look the same as the decades go by.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Jil, we have not yet started on the modern 'time jump' I guess that will happen in the next episode or so, the ones we are watching are still firmly in the middle ages, best regards, Stan and Diana.

Jil Wrinkle said...

Sorry... I wasn't clear. The story stays in the same "middle ages" world... but moves forward and backward several decades for one character, and almost a century for another. Yennefer's story is the earliest. Then comes the bard's story with The Witcher 80 years or so after that. Then comes the Princess' story 15 years after that. The first episode was also quite early, before skipping forward a ways. Hard to pin it all down exactly. But, like I said... there are three different story lines being told in three different decades.

Jil Wrinkle said...

https://www.witchernetflix.com/en-gb

This was just put up... it shows the timeline. Basically, the first season spans about 50 years total. Not as much as I thought... but still bounces around.