Wednesday 8 January 2020

Keeping To An Artistic Theme,

this talented artist,


is just 31 years old and has been a professional painter for only 5 years,

 NickSider knew he wanted to be an artist since he was just 5-years-old, but it took him another 20 years to build up the courage to dedicate his life to painting. At the age of 25, he quit his job and started teaching himself how to paint with acrylic paints, all photographs NickSider.com, growing up, Nick Sider was obsessed with tigers, so it comes as no surprise that some of his most impressive works depict the majestic feline. In fact, his entire portfolio of wildlife portraits is nothing short of awe-inspiring both in detail and sheer realism,

 from the reflections in the animals’ eyes, to the perfectly arranged fur strands, his works look more like high-resolution photos than hand-painted artworks,

 “Most of my art background is self-taught. As a kid I taught myself how to draw and then as an adult, I taught myself how to paint. I don’t have any formal art education beyond high school,” Nick said in an interview with Art Zealous,

in 2016, two years after moving to New York City, Sider had his first solo show, and he hasn’t looked back since,

 and with artworks like these you can see why,

 Nick Sider says that his main goal is to use detail and color to create the illusion of life spawning from the canvas, adding that his favorite moment while painting is “when a subject on my canvas begins to come alive”,

as I mentioned before, what an extraordinary talent he truly has.


No comments: