Wednesday 22 January 2020

As I Started The Blog,

there was a really nice fragrance in the room,


 and I knew it was not me! 

 I tracked it down,

 it was one of the bargain basement orchids, what a pleasant surprise!

 Diana reminded me that today was the first day of our Finland holiday 2 years ago, how the time has flown by, incase you missed it just click on the links in blue,

 we had such a great time, dog sledding amongst other things,

 although posted in March we were there in February,

 although we were not with the dogs on this day we had a trek,

 today I gave ice fishing a try, with absolutely no luck!

no visit to finland would be complete without a trip to a reindeer farm, our next day was a walk around a part of the lake,and another visit to the ice cave, and our final day, it was all so much fun, and a strange thing, we really miss the snow!

 in the afternoon I called into town for a few bits of shopping, arriving home the curse of anything electrical to do with myself struck again, we wanted to book a couple of seats at the Albert Hall in October, what could be simpler? I chose the option of 2 seats, considered to be the best available in our price range, added them to our basket, then found out the seats were not only not in the same row, they were not even in the same block of seats! I would have thought that if you ordered 2 seats it would be a taken that you were a couple and and wanted to sit together, apparently not,! I will not bore you with the rest of the details except to say when I was successful and had 2 adjacent seats in our basket, I pressed Pay, I received a message, 'credit card declined, please enter our verification system', D'Oh!, which I did and finally paid for our seats, what is it with me and anything electrical?

 and here is a worry concerning anything electrical, we finally treated ourselves to a coffee machine, after drinking so many of cups of fresh coffee in restaurants we bought a Nespresso Creatista Plus,  

we were thinking about a coffee bean grinding and making machine, but over the years we heard so many stories of failures of them, like Don in Thailand whose machine lasted just 6 weeks from new before it had to be returned, so we thought would skip that bit and go with a pod machine, having tied a few cups made with similar machines, and after looking at many reviews, we thought this one was the most reliable of the bunch, and it looks good in the video above,

 we also ordered a mix pack of 50 pods, 

 Diana was at work when it arrived, so I just unpacked it and left it in the kitchen, with my luck with electrics I will not go near it for at least some time!

Diana finished  work at midnight, so down to the bus stop to walk her home, arriving home after reading the instructions manual, we decided not to try the machine until tomorrow, when Diana will start experimenting, and with that we were off to bed.


No comments: