Tuesday 28 January 2020

When It Comes To Materials,

to make clothes,


 rubber bands are pretty low on my list of chosen materials to work with,

 but that did not stop Rie Sakamoto, a graduating art student from Japan’s Tama Art University

 from using them,

 Sakamoto, who is part of the department of Integrated Design, says she realized that the rubber band does in fact have more functionality than immediately meets the eye. In addition to its texture, flexibility and opacity, the rubber band is actually an aesthetically beautiful object,

 Sakamoto’s “Rubber Collection” was on view last week in Tokyo as part of a group exhibition of graduating seniors,


the exhibition has since ended but you can follow Rie Sakamoto on twitter, I am not sure I would like the smell of all of that rubber near me if a shirt was made from them, but I guess there are some that might, still the good news is that if you put on a few pounds at least the clothing will stretch with you!


No comments: