Thursday 16 January 2020

I Decided To Do A Little Maintenance,

on the aquarium,


 starting with a clean of the protein skimmer, and then the insides of the glass, I then had some really good news, a few months ago I started getting a pain in my left upper leg, eventually bad enough that it woke me up at night, so a few days ago I went to the doctors, where I was given an examination and with a printed out form told to to go straight away to the local hospital to have my upper leg X-rayed and a number of blood samples taken, results in 10 days, to say I was worried was an understatement, but 3 days later, today, I had a call form the doctor, nothing untoward was found, it seems that a number of nerves have decided for no apparent reason to make themselves felt, the x-rays and blood work showed no abnormalities, thank heavens for that! I have a rub jelly that hopefully will take care of the ache,

 so to celebrate it was off to the local supermarket,


where I stocked up with,

 several boxes of wine,

 in the evening it was time for a read,

 and a glass of sherry,

 for tonight's meal, a turkey salad, 

 'Cheers!',

 I then took a couple of photographs of the box fish, who has settled down really well, looking at me,

and side view,

 and here he is waiting for a feed,

between the regal tang and the flame angel,

 I continued reading Unlikely Stories, Mostly, but I have to admit I got a bit bogged down with Logopandocy, for a thesis of Alasdair Gray's work here is one by Bruce Graham Charlton MBBS, I decided to take a break from Alasdair Gray, and started another short story which I will make a separate post about, just after midnight Diana called to say she was on the bus home, so off to the bus stop, and in no time we were back home, where I gave her the good news about myself from the doctor, we had a quick nightcap and then for us we were off to bed.


No comments: