Wednesday 1 January 2020

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

to everybody,


 yesterday started with Diana going to work, for myself as planned I spent a lot of time cutting up cardboard boxes, and collecting together all of the packaging material we had accumulated over the past several months, I was going to take it all to the dump, but speaking to Steve it seems I needed a council permit, so he kindly offered to pick myself and the rubbish and drive to the council dump, as he had a permit, it all looked very well organised,

  with these rows of bins for shoes and textiles, and I guess batteries etc,

opposite much larger bins for various kinds of waste that householders had separated, garden waste,

general waste, woodland timber, etc, but here is the thing,

it all seemed to be collected and dumped into one lorry, I am guessing when the lorry arrives at its destination, workers then separate all of the now mixed rubbish back into its separate piles for disposal, job done Steve very kindly dropped me off home where we said our farewells, I was straight onto the council website for my permit, which I have been informed will be with me in the next 10 days or so,

 next, we are going away for a couple of days, Diana has two days off in a row, so off to the railway station to buy the tickets, but like last week both of the ticket booths were closed, I asked the station manager and he basically said that here in Beckenham Junction and in Clock House tickets offices may well be closed until next week, commenting that the only way to buy advance tickets at a station was to go to Bromley South, a couple of stops down the line, which I did,

 next stop home, Diana had left a pile of bits and pieces that we seldom use for me to put upstairs, which took a bit of time, looking at the orchids, they needed a drink and the aquarium a water top up, 

after my evening meal I watched a couple of episodes of Vienna Blood, more in hope than anticipation, but I was so wrong, what a gem of a series, set in, yes you guessed it, Vienna, a police inspector and trainee doctor of psychology team up to look at crimes in the city in the early 1900s, the sets, costumes, and storyline all first class, a real find I just hope they make a second series,

 just after 11.00 in the evening Diana called, so I walked her back from the bus stop, 

 arriving home we barely had time to sit down and make ourselves comfortable,

 when the magic time appeared on the clock face of the tower of the bell Big Ben,

 so bubbly it was then,

 that's the way to start the new year!

 we watched the fireworks in London and Edinburgh, 

 a second glass,

 as the show got into full swing, 

 and what a show,

 with the bell chiming,

so we raised our glasses to the New Year, 'Cheers!', and may it all go well for all of us, we then watched one episode of Have I Got News For You, then for us we were off to bed.


2 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

Happy New Year Stan and Diana!

PattayaStan said...

Dear Jil, and a very happy and successful New Year to you all,best regards, Stan and Diana.