Monday 29 July 2019

Disaster Nearly Struck,

I thought we still had a bottle of sherry,


 but the cupboard was bare, so off to Waitrose, there was just one bottle left on the shelf, so I asked a member of staff to see if there were two more bottles available,

 after looking the answer was no, so I guess I was sort of lucky, at least I had one bottle, so back home, 

 where after her work,

 Diana had prepared a chicken salad for a late Sunday lunch,

 for our main course lamb with all of the trimmings,

 and a glass or three of red,

 and for dessert,

 sherry trifle, delicious! 

as we were eating we were sort watching the Tour de France, as it made its way around Paris, with us occasionally shouting 'Been there!', as they rode past one of the many landmarks, one thing we did miss was the 'yellows', they must have been keeping a low profile on Sunday, we spent the rest of the evening listening to music and then for us were off to bed.


No comments: