Saturday 26 December 2020

Christmas Morning,

a quick selfie,


and the day begins,

rather than a whole turkey we decided on a turkey crown, that came with stuffing and bacon slices,

table laid complete with crackers,

time for presents,

and kisses! as it happened we had a lot of time, we had imagined the bird would take an hour or so, and planed the day around that, but reading the instructions it would take 3 hours to cook,

a pose by the presents from Diana,

myself by the tree,

'Ah!',

Diana opened one of hers first,

as it was in a jewellers box,

I was pretty sure Diana knew what it was,

and she was correct, a diamond necklace,

next,

make up brushes,

lots of them,

 and make up as well,

I also had to buy Diana a joke present, the video is above,

time for one of mine from Diana,

I had no idea what it was,

and there they were, a selection of aftershaves from Taylor of Old Bond Street, Diana had treated me to one of each of the fragrances they sell,

over to Diana,

I had put some of her presents in smaller and smaller boxes,

Diana was snipping away with the scissors,

I did in fact by one present for myself,

a wooden marble run, which I shall attempt to make in the coming months,

another box in a box,

eye shadow,

this one had me confused as well,

what the?

it was a Breton jumper with shoulder buttons,

a few more bits and pieces for Diana,

and a huge box from Beauty Pie,

filed with all manner of goodies,

another small jewellers box,

and in it,

a sapphire necklace and earrings,

one from Diana,

a pair of sherry glasses matching the whiskey tumblers Diana bought for my birthday,

a huge box from Selfridges, with a card,

which was so sweet,

I had no idea until I saw it, a bottle of icewine,

of course Diana knew what this present was,

a Louise Vuitton handbag she had always wanted,

and here it is,

Ta-Da!

I had decided to wear my birthday waistcoat, which Diana had secretly bought me from the House of Bauar,

a selfie from Diana,

and lunch is served,

a selection of seafoods for starters,

todays bubbly,

 a rosé,

another 'Ah!', moment,

we had a break between courses,

in case you are wondering, 

the half sovereign is dated 1912, one thing dating from before that is something we have all worn, but very few know what it is for, my pocket watch fits nicely in my waistcoat, but in the day working men would keep their pocket watches in the small pocket that their jeans or work trousers have, many brands still do keep the pocket watch pocket, and while some may think it is for small change or tickets, it is in fact for a fob or pocket watch,

 
time for some fun,

the crackers are out,

a hat in each,

and some of the worst jokes you can think of!

time for my hat,

speaking of bad jokes Diana made this video above of some of them,

 open up the bubbly,

careful,

the bird cooked to perfection,

'Cheers!',

another cracker,

another gift,

for Diana firstly a cake cutter and now a cheese grater,

lights low for the flaming Christmas pudding,

cream,

lots of cream, in the evening we listened to music, 

rounding off the evening with Ice Station Zebra, next for us, we were off to bed.


No comments: