Saturday 12 December 2020

First Thing,

Diana was off to work, 


as it was still dark, I walked with her to the bus stop,

on the way back the Christmas tree in the garden of Foxgrove Lodge looking nice,

looking out of the window the fox was waiting,

and it did not take long for one of the crows to realise we were back,

for myself I was out, walking past the green,

and church to catch a 227 into Bromley,

I thought the queue was for Primark, but it was not, it was for the bank,

lots of stalls,

many selling seasonal goods,

like these wreaths,

lots of flowers too,

Bromley's Christmas tree looking nice,

this is where I was heading for my first stop of the day, the Glades shopping centre,

to everyone!

a huge tree in the central concourse,

complete with Santa's choo-choo train,

this is where I was headed, we had 2 bags of pods to give in to recycle, also we wanted to buy 2 boxes of cleaner/descaler for the machine, the water where we live is exceptionally hard, in the time we have had the coffee machine it has needed a descale 4 times,

now that is a big Christmas bubble!

out of the Glades and into the pedestrianised High Street, where there was a mini fair,

with all manner of rides,

all looking so nice,

the detail amazing,

and here was my second port of call, Jessops, I had agree to have the camera I dropped off a few weeks ago repaired, the cost was in the region of £200+ there was one other thing, the sensor in our pocket camera badly needed cleaning, so I asked for some sort of guide price for when the Lumix is returned, I will have the pocket camera cleaned,

Joel asked to see the camera and very kindly gave the outside of the lens a good clean, but alas as I suspected, the specks of dust were on the sensor and on the inside of the lens, and the news was not good, £80-£100, for a clean, but then Joel had a great idea, he suggested going a few shops along and buy a recondition second hand pocket camera, a quick look on the Internet and there was not only my pocket camera, but the next model up with built in GPS what ever that is, many thanks indeed to Joel, what a diamond geezer

and here is the shop, more about the camera and the more than helpful assistant, Alfie, later, 

Christmas is defiantly here with so many stalls selling Christmas decorations,

but what is this all about? I have absolutely no idea!

I was tempted to buy some whelks, but then remember we still had some in the freezer,

however I was tempted to buy some of these, huge chestnuts,

they were on one of the outside open air stalls,

past the tree to the bus stop,

and back to Beckenham High Street, I had a few more things to pick up in Marks and Spencer's,

the fox was waiting,

and was soon tucking into a snack,

time to look at the camera, not only did it have a charger and battery, which as they (the batteries) are £19.00 or so each was a result, but it also came with a carrying pouch that you can wear on your belt, in the shop CEX the assistant there was so helpful, I showed Alfie the problem in my camera with dust on the sensor, so he fired up the camera and checked that there was not a problem with the one I was about to buy, it was perfect, and the cost? £32.00, including a 2 year warrantee, as far as I am concerned what a bargain! and many thanks to both Joel and Alfie for being so helpful,

in the evening a pre-meal sherry, Diana was still at work, 

so it was home alone for myself, my evening meal was a prawn cocktail sans salad, but with for a change, rolled kiln smoked trout, from Arbroath, Scotland, which we visited in September 2019,

next a treat, Diana had bought me a bubbly advent calendar, a bottle a day until Christmas,

it was so nice,

I just had to open another one!

I kept in the Christmas spirt with the candles lit,

back to the red, 'Cheers!',

just before 11.00 Diana called, so off to the bus stop and back past Foxgrove Lodge, we settled down for a coffee and a chat, Diana has another early start tomorrow so for us we were off to bed.


1 comment:

jpo5626 said...

Bet the fox and crow groups missed their peanuts while you folks were away! Did not take them long to show up once you returned! They must be peanut dependent now!