Wednesday 30 December 2020

We Had A New Visitor,

in the garden,


a green woodpecker, (Picus viridis), a little difficult to see as he was just below our window,

and he did not make things easier by settling again behind a bush,

and only just moved to be only a little obscured, then he was off,

next I had a telephone call from that nice chap Joel at Jessops, my camera had been repaired and although they were not open, he had to pop into the shop for a couple of hours and whilst he was there, I could call by and pick it up, so I was off to the bus stop,

arriving in Bromley,

I made my way to the market square,

and along the High Street,

past the Churchill Theatre,

in the distance,

Jessops, I telephoned to let them know I was outside, what a nice gesture to think of telephoning me, camera picked up,

and I was on my way back, past the Christmas tree,

and into the crowded park, joining huge numbers of people out for the day,

not a single parking space in the road leading to our home, cars everywhere,

we had a quiet afternoon, but in the evening after our meal,

our new Monopoly set had arrived, tilted the Monopoly Longest Game Ever edition,

Diana used one of the new tokens, I decided to use one of the tokens from the old game we already had,

t
there had of course been a lot of changes, the worst for us was the fact that the property cards had been made smaller, without glasses I could not read them and even Diana had trouble with some of them, as we played we change the rules slightly to the way we normally play, and decided that some of the community chest and chance cards we would ignore, I will not labour the point about who won, but I lost, we rounded off the evening with one from Endeavour, followed by one from Midsomer Murders and with the end of that, we were off to bed.


3 comments:

jpo5626 said...

First I like going around go. Why? Each round gives income. Second love rentals as substantial income on property given favorable tax consideration. Hell of a game. I have been buying

jpo5626 said...

I always choose the top hat but usually come in second. Favorite part of the game is going around go and getting $200.for little work. Not like real life but fun! What a classic!

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, the new longest game has double or treble of everything, but property blocks instead of having three properties only now have two, except Mayfair/Park Lane and Old Kent Road/Whitechapel Road that still have two (UK version), there are also two 'GO' squares to pass on one circuit of the new board, great fun indeed, best regards, Stan and Diana.