Tuesday 22 December 2020

I Decided That I Would Be Near The Front Of The Queue,

for OAP's (Old Aged Pensioners),


that are allowed into food stores before almost everybody else, I was so early, not a car or a pedestrian on the street, but did I get that wrong! as I approached the road that the supermarket is on the non-moving queue of cars trying to get into the carpark should have give me a clue, as I turned the corner there were hundreds of people in front of me! so many in fact the queue was featured in My London, with the headline, 'London Tier 4: Video shows massive queue of '300 people' outside Beckenham Waitrose as capital enters Tier 4', you can see the article here, even if the queue went down at the rate of one shopper every 30 seconds it was still going to be a long wait, so a 5 minuet walk to Marks & Spencer, which I thought was closed as nobody was outside, but it was open with hardly any customers! just a slight problem, Diana mentioned that she likes Malibu, and they did not have any, so a walk a few shops next door to a mini market, (a family run small food store), and there it was a bottle on the shelf, but then I became a victim of Britain's antiquated licensing laws, the shop could not sell alcohol until after 09.00 where as M & S, just a few yards away could! home I went,

later I made a move back into town, 

off to the bank opposite the cinema, and to the Tesco Express next door, bottle of Malibu in the bag and I was on my way home,

after my evening meal I watched a Pirates of the Caribbean, The Curse of the Black Pearl, just before 10.00 Diana called, off to the bus stop, home, a coffee, one from New Tricks and we were off to bed.


No comments: