Thursday 15 September 2022

As Soon As I Posted The Blog,

I was out,

 
and making my way to the station,

it had rained overnight, and was a bit of a grey day,

a bit of a hold up as a lorry was parked opposite the bus stop,

but I was soon on my way past Foxgrove Lodge,

and Peter Pan's Pool,

looking behind me as I stopped at the police station, the bee garden on top of the bus stop now looking nice and green,

past the Catford cat,

and Lewisham market,

all covered, I think it is going to rain,

at Blackheath in the florists,

a few new plants this week,

some Chinese lanterns, (Physalis alkekengi), 

and some coral bead plants, (Nertera granadensis),

I was soon at Dartford,

the fountain not working,

the pond had a familiar visitor, a heron,

almost as if it had read my thoughts the fountain started,

whilst at Dartford I watched this engineers train rumble past,

arriving at Gravesend it was a grey day,

but at least the flower baskets at the pub opposite the bus stop, 

still looked nice,

arriving at the hill to the nursing home, it looked so dark I thought it was defiantly going to rain,

still plenty of apples on the tree,

arriving at the home Duncan was in fine spirts, we chatted away, so many things reminisce about over the past 50 or so years we had known each other,

we chatted so long that by the time I left the home the weather had improved so much, it was quite warm as it happens,

if only I had longer arms! 

into the station and on my way home,

past the ongoing building project,

and the gayly painted public house,

another bus bee top looking nice due to the past weeks rain,

into the park, past Foxgrove Lodge,

I noticed these mushrooms in one of the grass verges on the way home,

it had turned into a nice evening,

a read and a sherry,

for tonight a smoked salon sandwich, 

after which I watched Mission of Honor, AKA Hurricane, the film is based on a true story, Mission of Honor follows Jan Zumbach (Rheon) and Squadron 303, a group of fighter pilots enlisted by the British Royal Airforce during the Second World War, I am amazed at how good and enjoyable this film really was, shortly after it finished Diana arrived home, so it was feet up for a coffee and a chat as we watched a Midsomer Murder before we were off to bed.


No comments: