Friday 30 September 2022

Just Before I Left,

Diana returned home from work,


so a coffee and a chat it was, I had three things to do in town, but before that I watched a couple squirrels,

as I was making my way out, the three things I wanted to do was to have a spare set of keys cut, pick up the railway tickets to visit Duncan for the next few weeks, and take a few photographs of coldwater indoor fish at the shop and at the same time drop off some printing,

it was a glorious day, I had put a fleece on but soon regretted it, it was so warm compared to yesterday,

my plan fell at the first hurdle,

I now know that the locksmith closes at 12.30 on a Thursday afternoon!

the good news was that the ticket office was open, so tickets purchased for the next few weeks,

I made my way to the bus stop by the green,

and had a look in This 'N' That as the shop was open,

then across the road to Kingfisheries,

and into the indoor coldwater fish room,

it has a bank of aquariums on each side of it,

the fish here,

are all different varieties of goldfish,

meaning they do not require a heater/thermostat,

and are quiet happy at room temperature, but because they have been inbred to produce so many different varieties,

the winters would be too cold for them outside,  

I made my way back past Foxgrove Lodge,

at the front of the garden a dahlia,

was putting on a good show,

what a glorious day, I had been reading that temperature would plunge due to us receiving the tail end of Hurricane Ian, but so far all is well, arriving home I updated the shops coldwater page, for Diana and myself we watched a couple of quiz shows before our evening meal, after which I noticed an old favourite was being shown that first aired in 1973,

titled Till Death Do Us Part, it was one of a television series, so popular it ran for 10 years, from 1965 to 1973, so funny on so many levels, I was surprised that it was shown in these PC times, but at the beginning of the program this appeared,

as the show started after a few minutes I realised the warning should also have said, "Some Viewers May Find The Constant Buzzing Out Of Words Offensive" it was so pathetic how the censor of this program buzzed out so many words that might have upset the snowflakes,

we followed that with another goldie-oldie, The Goodies, which ran for even longer from 1970 to 1982, again with the censors warning, words fail me as to how protected modern society must be kept, after which it was a Midsomer Murder followed by a New Tricks before we were of to bed.


No comments: