Saturday 17 September 2022

Diana Was On Late Shift Today,

so we had breakfast together,


and what better way to start the day,

than with a English breakfast!

in the afternoon I accompanied Diana to the bus stop,

although sunny it was quite chilly, 

Diana caught the 354 to go to work, I caught the number 54 into town to go shopping at Lidl,

where there were a few heathers for sale,

two colours in one pot, bargain!

the miniature roses looked nice as well,

just a few cut flowers today,

shopping completed and I was on my way home, just before the tennis courts a new mushroom had appeared overnight,

if only my grandmother was here, she would know if it was edible or not,

in the early evening a read and a sherry,

a smoked salmon sandwich for my meal, 'Cheers!,

in the evening I was out,

walking past the green, which happily is now green,

to the 227 bus stop by the Italian restaurant,

I was meeting Steve at the Moon & Stars for a evening chat and drink,

after a couple of hours and a pint or three we made a move for our homes, the work at the front of the pub still ongoing, shortly after I arrived so did Diana, so a coffee and a chat it was as we watched another couple from the Detectorists before we were off to bed.


No comments: