Friday 9 September 2022

I Had A Few Things To Scan,

that had arrived in the post,


after Diana left for work I popped upstairs with a memory stick which I plugged into the upstairs computer and scanned the first of three pages, no problem there it was in documents as usual, the second page the same, but when I scanned the third page, nothing! I tried again, the scanner went through the motions, but still no third page in documents, I switched the scanner off, and then on again, pressed the scan button all went well but still nothing in documents, what was going on? I had not changed anything between the second and third scan, after a few more attempts I gave up and moved the two scanned documents to the stick and went downstairs, I popped the memory stick into the lap top, opened it and guess what? there were the two scanned documents and 6 copies of the third document! why did the scanner send the first 2 to documents and the third to the stick? I have no idea, in the afternoon I watched a few Fails from YouTube before Diana returned home from work,

after our evening meal a fantasy adventure we watched The Brothers Grimm, a fantasy adventure bringing to life the horrors of children's story tales, I say horror because if you look past the sanitised versions that we are familiar with the stories are pretty gruesome, if you have time take a look at the introduction to the some think discredited Bruno Bettelheim's book 'The Uses of Enchantment', to give an insight into the complexities of childhood stories, but back to the film, scary dairy chilling it was, no doubt about that, but a feast if you like total fantasy films with modern day special effects, 

 we followed that with another that could be of the same era, the Seventh Son, great special effects and a fantasy take on the Witch Finder General (The Conqueror Worm) with a battle between good and evil, no prizes for guessing who wins! after which we were off to bed.


No comments: