Friday 16 September 2022

I Enjoy A Drop Of Wine With My Meal,

chilled white in the summer, red in the winter,


photograph Via Mari 10/Facebookbut I am not a wine buff, I can not tell a shiraz from a cabernet sauvignon, 99% of the wine I drink is out of a box, but just occasional I have a bottle of wine, which brings me on to a bottle of wine I would like to try, from possibly the world's smallest vineyard and wine producer, located on the rooftop of a 16th-century palazzo in the heart of Reggio Emilia, Italy, Via Mari 10 – named after the name and number of the street, and it produce roughly just 29 or 30 bottles of wine a year, the Sangiovese vines that make up Via Mari 10 are reportedly fed with eggs, bananas, seaweed and nightingale droppings, apart from the urban noise that owner Tulio Masoni insists gives them an edge over countryside grape vines,

“My wine is a form of artistic expression, a philosophical provocation, something to keep in your living room so you can chat about it with your friends and tell them about the lunatic who put a vineyard on his rooftop,” Tulio Masoni, the owner of Via Mari 10, told CNN. “If you see a bicycle wheel in a living room rather than a repair shop, you realize how beautiful it is. My vineyard is like that: It’s unexpected; it stimulates the brain; it sparks new thoughts.” Via Mari 10 wine bottles can not be purchased at regular wine shops or even at the producer itself. Instead, they are offered through the local Bonioni Art Gallery, a bottle of wine just to look at? “I’m the only wine producer in the world who says you shouldn’t drink his wine,” Masoni said, adding every bottle is a work of art designed to be contemplated, not consumed, there are a number of vintages available here, oh the agony of choice! all I have to do now is find the 5,000 euros, at today's rate £4,378.72 or $4,976.75 to buy a bottle! I wonder how many boxes of wine I could buy for the same amount?


No comments: