Thursday 22 September 2022

As Soon As I Posted The Blog,

I was off,


into a grey day,

it seemed cold so I had put a fleece and a waterproof jacket on, unfortunately the bus I usually catch was cancelled,

so I was late,

going past the usual landmarks,

arriving at Blackheath,

I had a quick look at the potted plants for sale,

new for this week, solanum, (Solanum pseudocapsicum),

I had missed the 09.33, so the 09.48 it is then, the problem being that it means a wait as I will the miss the train from Dartford to Gravesend which then does not connect with the bus from Gravesend to the nursing home, but there it is,  

at least it gave me some time,

to photograph the pond next to Dartford station, no fountain today, 

arriving at Gravesend I made my way towards the bus hub as it is called,

opposite the Somerset Arms,

it was still a grey day over Gravesend,

off of the bus I walked up the hill to the nursing home,

at the front of the home, lots of berries,

and still a few apples left on the tree,

I am not sure what was here before the nursing home, but the now defunct clock tower must have some history behind it, Duncan was in fine sprits, we chatted away until his lunch arrived and we said our goodbyes,

arriving back in Blackheath the weather had change, it was so warm I took of my waterproof and even then it was hot on the bus,

as I passed the Lewisham market,

and the never ending restoration work on this building,

towards the Catford cat,

and there he is,

the bee garden on top of some of the bus shelters,

looking much nicer after the recent rain,

past the Beckenham Hill entrance to the park, the railway station Beckenham Hill is opposite it,

past the Foxgrove Road entrance to the park, I was going to the shop to drop off some printing for Graham,

the green now really looking green,

the flowers in the hanging baskets still looking nice as I passed the war memorial,

no look inside This 'N' That today,

I popped into Kingfisheries and had a chat with Graham,

then back to Foxgrove Lodge, and into the park,

passing the garden of the lodge, these dahlias were putting on a good show,

overcast skies, but still quite warm,

Diana had already arrived home, it was soon time for my evening read and sherry,

'Cheers!', Diana had cooked a steak along with a salad and three delicious potato fritters, after which it was feet up for a Endeavour followed by a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: