Saturday 24 September 2022

There Was A Bit Of A Racket,

going on in the neighbour's garden,


in the distance 3 or 4 magpies were have a meeting, unfortunately the cameras zoom was not powerful enough, but there they are,

lately no ducks on the roof top, but the crows still call in for their peanuts,

I had a quiet day, Diana was at work, in the afternoon after she returned home we watched a couple of quiz shows until our evening meal, a read and a sherry,

followed by a sandwich, 'Cheers!',

in the evening I was out to meet up with Steve,

as I walked past the green it was easy to see the nights were drawing in,

and this is where I was headed,

Southey Street,

past the wall art,

to the alley that leads to Southey Brewing Company, it is a micro brewery,

inside this is where the magic happens, 

our menu for the evening, as usual I started at the top and worked my way down,

Steve arrived shortly after myself,

double 'Cheers!',

as usual we were well looked after by Liz and James,

the agony of choice! we chatted the night away, 

we were almost the last to leave, the good news was that the evening was busy for the brewery, it is nice to see so many customers supporting a local enterprise,

after saying our farewells I caught the 227 home and made my way through the green, where it was feet up for a nightcap as we watched a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: