Thursday 1 September 2022

Blog Posted And I Was Out,

off to the number 54 bus stop,


another nice bright day,

not a cloud in the sky,

I was soon upstairs passing the Foxgrove Lodge entrance to the park,

and Peter Pan's Pool, sans geese and ducks this week,

in Catford a bit of street drama, as a handcuffed suspect was led into the back of a police van,

the chestnut trees along the sides of the road, looking really sorry for themselves, their leaves dry and falling,

but still plenty of chestnuts on some of them,

the never ending refurbishment building,

Lewisham market,

in full swing,

the florists next to the station,

this week had a few heathers on offer,

I was in time for the 09.33, but it was delayed to 09.37, which means I will miss the connecting train at Dartford to Gravesend,

but I was in luck, it was 10.11 and the 09.58 has still not arrived, 

so a quick photograph of the pond next to the station,

waiting at the bus stand it started to cloud over,

and by the time I had arrived at the hill near to the nursing home the clouds were looking a bit dark,

nearing the home I had to look and see how many apples were left,

quite a few as it happens, I meet Duncan in the day room, he was his usual happy self, we chatted away, before we said our farewells, 

back down the hill, the clouds did not seem to have gotten any worse,

I arrived back in Blackheath the butchers, florists and railway station opposite the bus stop,

the fountain at Peter Pan's working this afternoon,

Foxgrove Lodge looking nice in the bright sun,

thankfully it did not rain,

I arrived home before Diana, so I watched the third episode of Wolf Hall, which means that the first disc is finished, next time disc 2 and episodes 4 - 6, Diana arrived home in time to see a record set, one contestant from The Chase walked away with £80,000, not bad for a afternoons work! it was a new record for a single contestant, I have to admit I failed miserably at the questions,
 
next time for a read and a sherry,

before our chicken liver pate starter, with a lettuce, spring onion and radish salad,

eyes down and tuck in,

next a real treat, a wagyu steak with all of the trimmings,

delicious!

lastly a strawberry tart, we finished just in time for an Endeavor, followed by a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: