Monday 29 June 2009

21 Today, 21 Today, She's Got The Key Of The Door,

never been 21 before! Diana is 21 years old, and in the great Thai tradition the day starts with a trip to the gold shop! apart from that it was a quite day,
then on to the evening, first it was the white dress, and very nice it looked to, then a change of mind and it was the metallic type of material dress,
ah so sweet!
then Mike and Riza called round for a couple of pre meal drinks,
and then it was off to Cafe des Amis
as it says on their web page, the most elegant French style bistro restaurant in Pattaya and it is!
we had a few drinks before the meal,
everything about this restaurant is just so right!
and great news for me, I forgot my glasses, but look at this, a full selection of reading glasses, how thoughtful,
complementary crab and shrimp stater, now here is a little photography tip from Mike, the camera I have has a flash, but, it is either on or off, so if I want to take a close up the subject is way over exposed, but following Mikes instructions I put a piece of the serviette over the flash, it worked! a nice picture of the starter and not over exposed,
for Mike and myself, pieces of crispy fried duck with a julienne of crispy vegetables served with a plum and hoy sin sauce and Caesar salad for Mike,
the girls had 6 oysters with crispy fried shallots and a chili and lime dressing and a seafood chowder soup,
then for the main course I had pork Normand, oven cooked pork fillet wrapped in bacon with candied apples and finished with a cream cider jus, whilst Mike had chicken breast stuffed with sausage & sage, wrapped in bacon with a whiskey cream sauce and spring onion mash potatoes,
the girls both had blacken salmon served with a julienne of vegetables and a spicy tomato relish,
then the surprise, I did not mention to Diana that the day before I called in to see Mark the chef and ordered her a birthday cake,
Blu and Pia, the perfect host and hostess,
and of course lots of presents, this picture was taken by Blu with a proper camera, many thanks,
now time for the presents, a dress,
then a small present,
a girls best friend!
and next,
another dress,
and a hair curling set from Mike and Riza,
I should have said we left 2 presents at home to open when we got back, in one there was 4 sets of necklaces with matching earrings,
and in the other - a dress! no excuses for not having any thing to wear now!
and of course Diana just had to try them on,
I suppose now I will have to buy matching shoes! a truly great night out and I can not recommend Cafe des Amis highly enough, for any occasion the food, service and ambiance can not be beaten, we all thoroughly enjoy it, we will be back!

3 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

Happy birthday Diana from Jil and Epril. Dinner looked fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Diana!

Lovely diamond ring, is it an engagement ring, Stan???

PattayaStan said...

Dear Jil, many thanks for your best wishes, the meal really was 1st. class, it tasted so nice, but I will have to go on a diet soon!

Dear Anonymous, no, not an engagement ring, but as it was Diana's 21st. I thought it should be some thing special to remember it by, I guess now days it is the 18th birthday that is special, but I did not know Diana then and I am bit of a traditionalist so for me the 21st. is the big one! best regards to all, Stan and Diana.