Monday 22 June 2009

Sunday And Over To See Jay And Precil,

so on the way back from shopping,
a quick stop off for some Papaya poc-poc,
Diana and Precil, waiting for Riza to arrive,
Jay is continuing his gardening efforts,
the pile of rocks waiting to be broken is getting smaller every week,
and a few new trees have been planted,
Den-Den was as playful as ever,
Then Mike and Riza arrived,
the girls, Riza, Diana and Precil,
and the boys, drinking, playing cribbage and eating curry, I can not think of a better way to spend the day!
the girls, after eating went to the lounge and started singing with a vengeance! there voices were well, unique, I suppose is one way of putting it, luckily we were outside when the karaoke was going on, so a great afternoon/evening was had by all,
the next day on our way home we went past this huge development, it is on Soi Siam at the cross road that leads to the elephant farm,
it is going to be a series of shop houses and a mall, now this will be good news to all of the Filipino's living here, there is going to be a Jollybies there, Diana was so happy when she saw the sign, but I would have thought way to far outside of Pattaya, but who knows if it will stand or fall?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for another series of entertaining blogs, Stan. Keep up the good work!

Could you tell me, do you know if the 'Mini-Siam' family entertainment site is still up and running? This site was off the main road, near a drive-thru McDonalds. It used to have scaled-down models of all the major cities of the World.

Thanks ..

PattayaStan said...

Dear Anonymous, glad that you like the blog, I try to make it an entertaining read as well as keeping family and friends amused. I have been past Mini Siam many times but never been inside, it just does not appeal to me, as far as I am a where it is still up and running, having said that only a couple of weeks ago some one (sorry who ever told me I have forgotten your name) that it was a bit run down, but I guess that only thing to do if you like the idea is to go and have a look, let me know what you think of it and I will put a link to it if you find it worth the double pricing, best regards, Stan and Diana.

Anonymous said...

Cheers Stan, glad that you understood my vague directions of where Mini Siam is! lol

Although, as you say, it is in a very good location by the main drag and intersection, so cars/ bikes passing all the time.

Last time I went must have been about 9 years ago! I went with a Thai Lady and her two children, ageed about 12 & 9, and it is ideal for this age group really.

I can fully believe that it is in disrepair (as a lot of places are) as the Thai's tend to not be quick at maintainence.

What they had there was a large walk-around map of countries of the world and their landmarks. So you could jump from Paris and the Eiffel Tower, to London and Big Ben, and to Egypt and the Pyramids, etc. Good for the kids.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Anonymous, I have seen a few pictures of it, all taken I guess just after it had been made/repainted, but as I mentioned it just does not appeal to me, but if any one has been there recently please let us know your views/ comments in case other families want to take their kids, best regards, Stan and Diana.