Monday 29 April 2013

First Thing In The Morning,

as I watered the plants,


 looking at the sky I wondered if I had wasted my time,

 huge water laden clouds rolling in, but it was just as well I did water them is not a single drop of rain fell,

after spending some time playing with my stamps, I'm in the process of scanning each page so I have a permanent record of what stamps I have with out having to look through the physical albums, we got ready for our late Sunday lunch, so it was glad rags on,

 today we were joined by Mr Tony and Phil and decided to eat at Cherry's,

 first stop the salad bar,

as we arrive back from the salad bar we had been served an amuse bouche, fried fish with tartar sauce,


 our starters were next to arrive, both Phil and Diana going for the set menu,

 whilst I decided to go à la carte and ordered a lobster bisque soup,

 with freshly ground pepper,

 Diana and Phillips set course meal had a fish served on tarragon leaves starter,

 followed by pumpkin soup,

 meanwhile I had decided I starter of honey glazed baked salmon served on potatoes and asparagus with a white cream sauce,

 for a break in the proceedings a orange sorbet was served,

 our main courses then arrived, a steak for Diana and Phil and a lamb shank for Mr Tony,

 for myself I went with the Australian lamb chops served with vegetables,

 both Diana and Philip had the chocolate mousse dessert included in the set menu which at 325 baht per person is really good value for money,

 by now I was really full so I declined the desert and went with a nice port and latte coffee,

 Mr Tony also joined me in a coffee to round off the meal,

 outside there is a seating area for people waiting for a table and for smokers,

 next to the seating area there is the customary shrine,

 again Cherry's excelled itself, the food excellent, the staff attentive, we will be back! Cherry's is located on Third Road opposite what was once the Ex-cite disco,

both Mr Tony and Phil decided to head straight for home as by now it was getting late, so for us inside feet up and another episode from Silent Witness, tonights episode was titled Judgement, we only watched the first half, so we are looking forward to seeing the conclusion tomorrow, but for now we were off to bed.

No comments: