Saturday 22 January 2011

Friday!

market day, so first thing off to Soi Bukoaw, we try to go early as it is not so crowded or hot, Diana went in this entrance, I decided to walk to the next one, on the way I spotted this little number, it does not look that different to a standard model, but it was, the owner had spent more than a little time and effort on it,
this is the entrance to the market I chose, both entrances off of Pattaya Tai, (south),
the first thing I noticed was this plant, I had never seen anything like it before, the fruits were about 3 m.m. round almost as big as a BB pellet,
it looked so strange, later on our way back to the bike I showed it to Diana, the first thing she said, 'can we eat it?' to be honest I did not know, what is it they say on outdoor training courses, do not eat the red berries? I wonder if that includes purple ones?
then a quick look at the seed racks,
Ta-Taa had eaten the sunflowers that Maureen was growing, also it is difficult for them to get to the market with Ta-Taa so whilst we were here I bought another packet for them,
new this week coloured garden ornaments, animals and birds, even a few Chinese gnomes,
mother hen with a chick,
or how about a few parrots?
I mentioned before we left early to avoid the crowds, unfortunately the crowds also left early, there were hardly any seats at one of the many cafes,
then to the weekend night market on Thepprist Road,
we both went our separate ways, with the camera on maximum zoom I caught a quick picture of Diana before she saw me,
this week opposite the bar, new clothes
and a stall selling small plants in hanging baskets,
a piece of good news, the fish shop I had feared closed last week was back and in business,
another new stall, this one selling money boxes, the ones I really liked, although difficult to see, are the snake ones that have a knot in their body half way down them,
then back to the bar and who should we see none other than Bill who says Hi to all of his friends relaxing in Spain,
Diana had decided to walk to TESCO's by the time she arrived back Juu and his wife had called by, so off the girls went on another shopping fest!
then who should arrive with a spine chilling lear? none other than Dan, it was good to see everybody again, then home to Diana's beef stew and dumplings,
during the day we stated to watch the last (fourth), series of I Didn't Know You Cared, great fun from a Northern point of view, I never realised how much London beer was disliked up north, but it is a recurring theme in the series,
after our evening meal we settled down to watch a real classic, The Sting, the basic storey is when a mutual friend is killed by a mob boss, two con men, one experienced and one young try to get even by pulling off the big con on the mob boss, guess if they do! one of the few films that you know the ending because of the title but still fun to watch, then off to bed.

No comments: