Thursday 17 May 2018

I Guess We All Wish For Different Things,

during our life,


 one wish of mine that has been consistent, is that I wish I could draw or paint like say Lisa Ericson, who we have featured before,

 these are new hyperealistic paintings from the Portland-based artist’s compositions of animals, 

 set on deep black backgrounds, her paintings showcase unusual combinations of peacefully co-existing fauna, pelicans support rabbits, snakes, and ocelots, while tree frogs and songbirds find homes on the shells of turtles,

 Her most recent paintings are on view through May 25 at Antler Gallery in Portland, 

in a show titled Invisible Promise, alongside work from Scottish artist Lindsey Carr, You can see more from Ericson on Instagram, and no I am not on commission, I just wish I could paint such beautiful pictures as she does.


No comments: