Sunday 4 August 2019

In The Afternoon,

Diana was off to work,


 so I accompanied her part of the way,

 she went to the bus stop by the station,

 I went to Waitrose for some shopping,

  then home for my evening meal, a sherry to start,

 and a read of With Stanley on the Congo,

 for my starter,

 a dressed crab,

 music, book, food, wine, so I was set for the evening,

as I went into the kitchen I noticed the next door neighbors cat in the back garden, 

 I was expecting to see Reynard,

 something piqued his interest, a bird perhaps? 

for my evening meal a corned beef sandwich, I settled down for the evening, but for a change later in the evening I listened to some radio shows that I had recorded, this one of my favorites, Just A Minute, a panel game in which the contestants are challenged to speak for one minute without hesitation, deviation or repetition on any subject that comes up on the cards, it sounds easy, but in fact is so difficult as many guests and panelist find out, to listen have a look here, I have listened to so many episodes when we used to go to the beach or we were traveling, as an aside, the show is hosted by super wit and raconteur Nicholas Parsons, now 94 years old who has hosted the show since day one in '67 and still hosts the show today, amazing, later in the evening Diana called so I walked to the bus stop to meet her, arriving home a quick nightcap and we were off to bed.


No comments: