Sunday 3 December 2023

A Nice Way To Start The Day,

a fried egg roll,


'Cheers!',

we had a lazy day planned, Diana was going to stay at home, as I popped out into a cold day,

in town I had a look at the florists, 

that had a nice display of indoor winter plants,

and wreaths for the front door,

this is where I was headed, the post office, Christmas cards posted and I was off,

up the hill and past the church,

on the green I had expected to see a ice skating rink as usual, but not this year,

the space was taken by a company selling Christmas trees,

my next stop was Waitrose,

a nice display outside, a few things purchased and I was out again,

and walking by the Christmas tree in Foxgrove Lodge, 

the sign with its Christmas ribbon,

and of course Rudolf, 

time for my evening read and sherry,

for tonight Diana had a sea bass dish,

 for myself a pork fillet with mushrooms and curly chips, 

'Cheers!',

for dessert a cherry and almond pie, with lashings of cream,

eyes down and tuck in, 

just in time for the advent calendars, now where is number 2?

found it!

after our evening meal we settled down for Inkheart, a fantasy adventure which we both enjoyed, we followed that with a Midsomer Murder, after which Diana went to bed, 

I stayed up for part 3 of Julius Caesar: The Making of a Dictator, which I really enjoyed, I was going to watch part 4 but it was so late I too was off to bed. 


No comments: