Saturday 9 December 2023

I Left After Diana,

today she was on late shift,


off to the number 54 bus stop, it was a nice bright day, and not too chilly, as I walk through the park to the bus stop,

I alighted at This 'N' That, where I had a distinct feeling of déjà vu, well I was only here yesterday!

and this was what I was dropping off, the shops opening hours over Christmas that I had printed,

so into Kingfisheries and have a chat with Carl and Graham,

back onto a number 54 bus, passing the road works, at least there were a couple of workers here today, that was a first in the 4 or 5 times I have been past the works,

the Christmas tree in the front garden at Foxgrove Lodge looking nice,

a quick read and a wine,

'Cheers!, to go with my chicken and sweet corn soup,

next out to the 227 bus stop, passing the tree seller on the green,

arriving in Penge on the opposite side of the road the Penge Christmas tree,

and that is the street I am going to,

first cross the road, the Christmas lights in the distance,

with a walking dinosaur on them,

into Southey Street,
 
turn right at the mural,

and into the Southey Brewing Co. I had a look at tonight's beers, as usual I started at the top and tried to work my way down,

and looking after myself and the other customers, Matt and James, a great crew who worked non-stop all night, 

Steve arrived after myself and pursed the beer menu, 

decision made and back to the table, where we chatted the night away, we said our farewells as I boarded the 227 bus that went on a huge detour as before to Elmers End, before joining the traffic queue to go past the road works at the War Memorial,

a walk past the graveyard, 

and into the park, not a great photograph of the Christmas tree in Foxgrove Lodge, but there it is,

 arriving home Diana had just started watching Red Dragon, so we watched that before we were off to bed.


No comments: