Thursday 28 December 2023

First Thing After Posting Tuesdays Blog,

I was out to visit Duncan on Wednesday, 


into a wind swept day, 

the Storm Gerrit brought heavy winds, and later lashings of rain, 

on to the number 54 bus, and past Peter Pan's pool, 

the market in Lewisham not working today, 

I say that but a few stall holders in the distance put in an appearance,

off of the bus in Blackheath Village, 

the florist next door to the station had just a small display outside, it was so windy they did not put the cut flowers out,

no problems with the potted plants though,

a bit of good news at the station, I bought the tickets to visit Duncan in January, they had no news of any strikes, so far, also the train was not only stopping at Dartford it was continuing through to Gravesend, so no change of trains today! on the up line to London no commuters today, 

more good news at Gravesend as I left the train and walked over the bridge a 489 was just pulling up to the stop, a quick run as several passengers boarded and I was on the bus, so I was soon walking up the hill to visit Duncan,

the weather in Gravesend,

no improvement from home,

I chatted away with Duncan, who was his usual self, as it happens he was watching a current affairs program on the television, we both decided neither of the major party's really had a clue about what the voters wanted, but there it was, as his lunch arrived I made a move for home,

looking back the birds were being blown every which way, then bad news at the station, no trains going though to Blackheath, 

so a change of trains at Dartford, 

I arrived at Blackheath, just in time to see my number 54 bus disappear up the hill, and then the rain started!

it does not look it, but it poured down, so much so that arriving home I had to put my waterproof top in the bathroom to drip dry, 

Diana had beaten me home, and as we had a few left overs from Boxing day, after my read and sherry, 

a poached salmon salad for Diana,

and smoked salmon salad for myself, 'Cheers!',

for our main course beef Wellington, with Brussel sprouts and curly chips,

well I just had too!

then a bit of fun as we pulled some left over crackers, we were so full we decided against Christmas pudding, and moved to the sofas for a couple of Midsomer Murders, as Diana has a week of early starts, we were then off to bed.


No comments: