Friday 15 December 2023

I Am Only Making One Post Today,

as it is Diana's day off, 


and we will be out for a drive, back to Thursday, Diana was on early shift, but almost as soon as she returned home we were out,

into a grey drizzly afternoon, onto,

and off of the bus at the War Memorial roundabout, I pointed out to Diana the entrance to what was once the entrance to the upstairs Court School of Ballroom Dancing, where all of those years ago, the late 1970s, I meet Duncan and remained firm friends ever since, now it is an emergency exit for the multicomplex cinema,

into the cinema,

the foyer all decked out in balloons,

and colourful sweets,

 in the shop,

we decided on a couple of coffees,

upstairs to screen 2, 

and here we are, 

oh and some popcorn as well, good job we booked, no not really, as the film started including us there were five adults and one child, I say the film started it was a great soundtrack, but no visuals! after a trip to let someone know, eventually the projectionist was found and the film restarted, and this is what we had come to see, 

Wonka, I will not say much about it, as it has only just been released and you may want to view it, other than to say both Diana and myself enjoyed the film, we had thought seeing Johnny Deep playing Wonka this would not stack up, but the films were so different, having seen the previous chocolate movies they did not impact on this one, great fun,

film over we were a tad hungry, so a walk to Miso it was, 

inside we pursed the menus,

a coke for Diana, a red for myself,

we ordered 3 starters, tempura prawns and vegetables,

prawns on toast covered with sesame seeds,

and spicy spare ribs,

I started on a spare rib before Diana started taking photographs, well I was hungry!

a quick pose,

or two,

and a 'Cheers!', from me,

our main courses arrived, Diana decided on a Miso Extra, Soba noodles, chicken, beef, Cantonese roast pork, duck and prawns,

for myself for myself a Miso Plus, roasted duck, prawn, chicken, beef, Cantonese roast pork and Chinese leaves, oriental sauce served with steamed rice,

'Cheers!', it was all so delicious, sometime ago we went to the food and gift stalls by London Bridge, and I commented on how expensive the food was there, as it happens £12.00 for a small pot of chicken noodles, here the portions were huge, and we were in a restaurant, and the dish was not only less expensive but had a larger selection of meats in it! on the Embankment there were no seats, so it was eating in the rain, I know there are different overheads, but the food at the Christmas festival did seem and in our opinion overpriced, the bill for tonight's meal came to £69.80 plus service charge,

whilst I was paying and putting my jacket on, Diana had popped next door, 

and bought a bubble tea from the shop there, 

arriving at Foxgrove Lodge, the Christmas tree in the front garden, 

looked so nice,

then I got in the way! arriving home we were full to bursting, after a Midsomer Murder, Diana was off to bed, 

for myself Doomsday Volcano: The Next Pompeii, a very interesting program, it appears we, the world, might be sitting on a ticking timebomb! and with that chilling thought I was also off to bed.


No comments: