Wednesday 20 December 2023

I Had Another Quiet Day,

so I thought I would start posting a few more videos, 


but as soon as I post this I will be out to visit Duncan, so only one post today, back to Tuesday, I made these whilst staying in Thailand, in them I visit the Bangkok fish market in Chatuchak Weekend Marketbut I must stress although the station is still there some of this part of the market was cleared many years ago, so this is a little bit of Bangkok that is no longer there, but the market still is, albeit in another nearby area, also I made this about 20 years ago, in the video I alight at Mo Chit station and walk across the park, but there may be nearer stations now, if you are going best to check first, arriving at the market there are a few food stalls to snack at, on to the fish, this area has bags of fish on the floor and some hanging from the awnings, many with 25, 30 or 50 fish in each bag, this is where shops buy their fish from to sell to you, in one of the aquariums red Texas cichlids are offered for sale at 650 baht each, at today's rate £14.60 or $18.61, nearby there are many shops selling aquariums and other hardware for fishkeeping, as well as live plants, I had a look in one of the many shops as the owner feed some of the fish, outside a few happy customers with their purchases, 

map from Goggle, Mo Chit station is on the righthand side, I have to keep the videos short because if they are too long I can  not upload them to our blog, hopefully I will be able to post a few more of the market in later posts, I stayed in today as a neighbour was at work and wanted me to sign for a parcel, hence me having time to put together the video, Diana was at work as she is on a day shift today, so for myself a look at some television and a few quiz shows until my evening meal,

image BattleBots YouTube, after which I followed with BattleBots, it never cesses to amaze me how big these robots are, many weighing up to 250 pounds, but the way some of them are thrown into the air, it almost seems they hardly weigh anything at all! then Diana called, she was laden down with shopping so I meet her at the bus stop, we both walked home,

and arrived just as Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, so a coffee and a chat as we watched that, we had seen the movie before, but it was just as enthralling this time, after which a Midsomer Murder it was before we were off to bed.


No comments: