Saturday 16 December 2023

As Soon As I Posted The Blog,

we were out,


driving towards Biggin Hill aerodrome,

past the main gate to what was the RAF facility, 

but is now London Biggin Hill airport,

out side a Spitfire,

and a Hurricane, from WWII,

we were soon parked in the car park at Westerham, as it happens we have visited here before in February 2019, and also February 2022, as well as a few other times,

and walking past Moretons Court, built in 1874, as almshouses, this romantic, neo-Tudor style building was bequeathed by Miss Moreton of the Sisters of Clewer,

we had a quick look at the antiques shop as it happens it was featured in one of the Antiques Road Shows that we watched some time ago,

next door to these cottages, 

turning the corner we were at the green,

looking at the statue of General Wolfe

and here we are at our favourite tea shop in Westerham, the Tudor Rose, it has been here for some time, over 100 years as it happens!

I collected Diana's coffee and my tea from the counter,

whilst waited at the table,

Diana was off,

looking at the cakes,

no change there then!

our food arrived, 

a ham and mushroom omelette with salad and chips for Diana,

which looked nice and a bacon sandwich for myself, our bill came to £21.00, we also bought a few things to take home, a Cornish pasty and a slice of cake for Diana, and a couple of sausage rolls for myself all home made, so that is us sorted out for this evenings meal,

as we left I pointed out this pub to Diana, the Grasshopper on the Green that Peter from Scotland, myself as well as a few other lads drove out to way back in the late 1960s, 

walking back to the church I noticed this beauty parked up, a Rover 100 P4,

the condition was almost spotless, but this car was being used, not a museum display model, Diana commented how nice it looked as someone else also started taking photographs of it, 

we entered the churchyard, 

on our way back to the car,

a quick pose, 

we passed the memorial,

and looked across the graveyard,

this rhododendron,

was full of buds, I hope a frost does not kill them off before spring,

looking back uphill to the church,

to our right, this holly bush,

had so many berries, 

we continued uphill,

before starting back downhill to the car park,

on the way to Bromley we passed this country store with so many gayly painted wheelbarrows outside, I drove to Bromley South and dropped Diana off, as she wanted to do some shopping, whilst I made my way home,

when Diana arrived it was time for our evening meal, and then I was out to meet Steve, off of the number 54 at the cinema and on to a 227, 

alighting at the Moon & Stars, we chatted the night away, after saying our farewells it was a 367 that arrived first, 

so back to the cinema and a short wait for a 54 to take me home, Diana had already gone to bed and as it was nearing midnight, I too was off to bed.


No comments: