Saturday 12 February 2022

Wednesday Was Diana's Day Off,

so we went out for a drive,


to a place we had been to before Westerham,

after parking the car we made our way into town,

stopping for a few photographs on the way, 

we were actually here a couple of years, in February 2019, and in January 2020, above a wall plaque, the date 1874,

if you visit the town has quite a bit of history

as in previous visits,

I had to call into the antiques shop,

walking to the top of the road, looking to the right, the High Street,

 to the left a statue of General James Wolfe who was born in Westerham, and the green,

we have called in here before, 

the cakes Diana tells me are delicious,

tea is served,

followed by a bacon sandwich for myself,

a latte coffee with a cheese and ham panni for Diana,

followed by a apple and current cake dusted with sugar, the bill came to £18.60,

a walk to the church next, 


time for a pose,

or two,

I just had to too!

in the entrance,

one more,

inside,

some delightful stained glass windows,

this one in memory,

others of a religious nature,

all works of art,

made by master craftsmen,

one has to ask,

will the skills needed to makes these still be around in say 100 years?

one hopes so, certainly courses and apprenticeships are offered, but for myself it is not a obvious career choice when leaving school,

the church organ,

and the ropes going to the belfry,

outside,

I started taking a few photographs, no change there then!

I was trying to get a closeup of these two,

this is as close as I could get with the lens I had,

so I cropped the image to see the face more clearly, I wonder who he was?

we started downhill,

at the rear of the church,

where we saw some of this years snowdrops,

and nice they were too, dare I say it? spring is just around the corner,

Diana got low and close to the blooms,

there was also a good show of crocuses,

I tried to get as near to the ground as Diana, but Diana stole the march on me,

these crocuses,

and snowdrops were both taken on Diana's new telephone, it almost makes me wonder I why I lug a camera around, the photographs from Diana's telephone look so good!

we continued on the path away from the church,

unexpectedly the path lead into the rear of the car park, so we made a move for home, what a lovely day out, the weather again being kind to us,

arriving home it was not long until our evening meal, Diana had a pose with the roses, 

and I got in the frame too,

next a sherry and a read,

'Cheers!',

for tonight a chicken curry,

followed, wait for it, by a Christmas pudding!

add brandy and lite it, there is a slight blue flame as the brandy burns off,

there it is,

all I have to do now is tuck in! 

after our meal we decided to watch Alien: Covenant, which we both thoroughly enjoyed, especially as we had it on a Ultra HD Blu-ray disc, we followed that with a New Tricks before we were off to bed.





No comments: