Monday 14 February 2022

Valantine's Day,

has arrived 24 hours early!


as Diana is working on Valentine's Day I decided to bring it forward to Sunday, you might remember I had the car serviced on Friday, well on the way back I called in for 100 roses, which I snuck upstairs in the man attic without Diana seeing,

and here they are, I also bought a few chrysanthemums with a white Teddy bear,

I then woke up early on Sunday and retrieved the flowers without waking Diana up,

 and popped them and Teddy in a champagne bucket, 

and naturally a card, a chocolate rose and small Valentine's Day gift,

when Diana woke up,

she was so excited,

Diana,

all smiles as usual,

now the gift,

whilst we were in Portsmouth, 

Diana found a pair of earrings she liked,

and here they are,

I managed to get them posted and received them with out Diana seeing me sign for the package, as she was at work,

on to our Sunday lunch, prawns in a cheese sauce for Diana,

I am not a fan of melted cheese,

so a steaming bowl of chicken noodle soup for myself,

for our main course, pork with crackling, with gravy for Diana,

sans gravy for myself, eyes down and tuck in!

for dessert a chocolate Melt In The Middle Heart, with strawberries,

covered in fresh cream,

lots of cream!
we listened to music for much of the afternoon, then our Sunday afternoon/evening film,

  The Guns of Navarone, a tad slow in places but still a good boy's own adventure, 

which we followed with Jeff Wayne's musical version of War of the Worlds, Diana was not so keen on this version, but I loved it, having read the book and listened to the story on one of my talking books more times than I care to remember,

and this the cover of the vinyl LP I owned so long ago,

whilst watching we both snacked on some of our favorite chocolates, this one Sea Salt from Ocelot in Edinburgh, Scotland, we started having boxes sent to us when we lived in Thailand, and we now still have a box sent down to us every so often, we rounded off the evening with a Have I Got News For You, before we were off to bed.


No comments: