Saturday 12 February 2022

I Was Up Well Before Daybreak,

the car was due for a major service, 


so over to Grange Garage in South Woodford, the reason I leave early is that on the way there is a bottle neck, the Blackwall Tunnel, it can often take an hour or considerably longer queueing up to get through it, so I prefer to arrive at the garage and have a read in the car, waiting for the garage to open at 08.00, the last service, 2 years ago was a minor one, which was a tad under £300, just a change of oil and filters plus a complete check on other potential problems, one was mentioned, at the next service new rear brakes and discs might be needed, and they were! also the cost of the service was double the pervious one, a number of parts that can perish with age were replaced, altogether the bill came to just over £1,200 but with a discount which they kindly gave to just over £1,100, and the good new was that I also got a few Jaguar freebies thrown in as well! I arrived home a lot later than I should have done, the sat nav in the car did not know of 2 sets of roadworks, both of which where the road was closed, and by a circuitous route kept sending myself back to the same place, really annoying, and then I made matters worse by taking an wrong exit off of a roundabout and found myself hurtling north instead of south, and it was an age before the next intersection where I could turn round,

I arrived home watched some television and then it was time for my read and sherry,

my my meal tonight was toad in the hole,

eyes down and tuck in,

meal over and it was off to the club, it was bitterly cold, but the players did not seem to mind,

I meet with Steve in the club, which was surprisingly busy, a great help to the club coffers, we chatted the night away before we both made a move home, next a nightcap and feet up with Diana to watch a New Tricks, before we we were off to bed.


No comments: