Saturday 26 February 2022

It Was A Glorious Day,

not a cloud in the sky,


I left home before Diana, she was on late shift,

I was going to visit Duncan,

off to the station for the train to Bromley South and then to Sevenoaks,

I enquired about the foot bridge, apparently it is going to take some time to repair,

arriving at Sevenoaks it was a walk to the nursing home,

in the home I had to have a stick in the throat and up the nose and wait 30 minuets for the results, all was well, Duncan was in fine sprits, we chatted away remembering some of the times we had together,

then back to the station,

and home the day still nice, Steve called round for a coffee, after he left I started to get ready for my evening meal when I heard something in the hall, I assumed it was a shoe falling off of the shoe rack, and then another noise, Diana was not due home until much later, someone was in the flat, Lordy, Lordy! the living room door open, my heart missed a beat well several! it was Diana, what a relief, apparently her manager had called to say not to come in today, all the time I was at home Diana was fast asleep in the bedroom,

back to normal for a sherry and a read,

'Cheers!', as I tuck into a Lancashire hot pot,

whilst Diana made herself a Thai noodle dish,

after which I was off to the club, 

where a leaving party was being held, one of the members was moving to America, Steve and myself chatted the night away, after saying goodbye I walked back home to join Diana, 

where it was feet up for Elysium, which we had watched before but we decided to watch again after which we were off to bed.


No comments: