Sunday 27 February 2022

I Joined Diana,

on her walk to the bus stop,


I was going to carry on walking into town,

I noticed I was not the only person taking photographs of the crocuses,

I left Diana at the bus stop,

and carried on into town,

arriving at Boots the chemist to pick up my prescription,

next into Sainsburys for some pigs in blankets for tomorrows Sunday lunch,

it was another glorious day, in the afternoon I watched a few documentaries and a few 'fails on boats' on YouTube,

time for my evening read and sherry,

for tonight a starter of onion bhajis,

followed by a chicken jalfrezi and a chicken tikka masala with pulao rice, 'Cheers!', after which I decided against a dessert, but a huge helping of,

  Monty Python Live (mostly) - One Down Five to Go, the Monty team takes to the stage, as you might expect all of the favorite sketches, the blue parrot, cheese shop, the lumberjack and of course the Spam menu,

set just up the road from us in Bromley, and of course no Monty would be complete with out the Chinese, the words in the stage production have changed a tad, 

so here is the original, after which Diana arrived home, 

after a coffee and a chat we decided on Hannibal, a great film for me, strangely enough the music was even better than the film, I enjoyed the music so much I actually bought the soundtrack to it, which is something I do not do very often, as a bonus it also contains one of my favourite pieces of music, "Vide Cor Meum" it is a song composed by Patrick Cassidy based on Dante's "La Vita Nuova", specifically on the sonnet "A ciascun'alma presa", in chapter 3 of the "Vita Nuova", 

such a beautiful piece of music, the words,

E pensando di lei (Florentin dialect)
Mi sopragiunse un soave sonno
Ego dominus tuus (Latin)
Vide cor tuum
E d'esto cuore ardendo (Florentin dialect)
Cor tuum (Latin)
(Lei paventosa)(Florentin dialect)
Umilmente pascea (Florentin dialect)
Appresso gir lo ne vedea piangendo
La letizia si convertia in amarissimo pianto
Io sono in pace
Cor meum (Latin)
Io sono in pace (Florentin dialect)
Vide cor meum (Latin)

and the translation:

While thinking of her (Beatrice)

A sweet sleep came over me
I am your master
Here is your heart
And on this burning heart
Your heart
(she fearful)
(she) obediently fed
Then I saw him (Amore) leaving in tears
Joy became bitterest lament
I am in peace
My heart
I am in peace
See my heart

and with the end of the film we were off to bed.


No comments: