Thursday 10 February 2022

I Had A Few Things To Do On Monday,

that meant I could not leave the house,


first thing in the morning Len called by to pick up the keys to one of the other flats as there was some work that needed doing, and also he needed access through my man attic, he could have used tall ladders but it would have meant bringing them upstirs, so it was easier for him to go via our flat, also I was expecting a package that had to be signed for, but before that Panther called to say there would be here in 10 minuets, and here they were, this time there was a television in the box, unlike the last time Panther called with the transport box from LG which did not have the television in it!

all ready to be hung on our wall,

I popped downstairs to take a quick photograph of the transport box being loaded, then upstirs to telephone Lee to ask him to call round, to help put it on the wall, I did not call until I knew we had the television, I did not want another false alarm like last time, shortly after that I had a call from my doctor, it was a follow up about my new medication, I had sent in blood pressure results after trialing the tablets last week, all was well so I will pop into town tomorrow to pick the next months supply up, next a call to Grange Garage, a warning light had come on in the car advising me that the car needed a service, they were busy but I left my number for a call back, in the afternoon a letter arrived for Diana that had to be signed for, our second application for Diana's visa for her to stay in the UK for the next two and a half years had been successful! in the letter her new bio-metric card, the only downside is that we have to do all of this again in two and a half years time, and next time make sure all of the 238 pages that had to be summited are correct, we made literally one mistake on one page and Diana's application was refused, the visa takes 5 years from start to finish, so we put 5 year visa on the application, we should have put two and a half years, so we had to resubmit, with the full £2,000+ vise application fee, all for just one mistake! still it is all done now,

and the roses are looking nice, in the late afternoon afternoon Lee called by, in no time the television was on the wall and it all worked well, 

and as it was so nice to have the television back I watched a 4K film Prometheus, we had watched it before on television in Blu ray, but it is so much better in 4K,  here is what we wrote the first time we watched it, 'a team of scientists travels through the universe on the spaceship "Prometheus" on a voyage to investigate Alien life forms, I can best describe it as another Aliens movie, but with a much more complicated plot and special effects, scary in a number of places, also lots of slime and goo, arrange to eat after rather than before watching would be my advice', shortly after Diana arrived home, so it was feet up for Midsomer Murder and a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: