Tuesday 23 July 2024

After My Usual Start To The Day,

I decided to call BT


and explain that we were not able to watch so many channels, the lady I first talked to said that as we were talking she had run a test and found that we had a problem with our broadband, which was news to me as it seemed to be working fine, but a engineer who had a cancellation could call round tomorrow to sort the problem out, but, she said that was not what the reason was that we could not watch some of the channels, long story short, I was transferred to another department and signed up for a different package, meaning that we would no longer receive television signals through the television aerial, I guess the signal will now come through the broadband, so BT will be supplying a new BT hub and a new BT box, but that meant that our dial up telephone would have to be reinstalled using a speech box, which once plugged into the telephone and broadband would then work with the new system, all of the three bits should be here before the weekend, also another technician would call on Monday to check that the new system was working as it should, and the cost? our monthly subscription has gone down by £7.00! and all done in 1 hour and 53 minutes, I know exactly as my telephone displayed the length of the call when finished, by now it was late afternoon so I decided to watch, 

 Geostorm, which for some reason was not very well received, or at least I have to say underrated, for myself very enjoyable to watch again, a sort of believable story, if you believe space shuttles are dime a dozen! apart from that great special effects, stunning in fact, during which Diana arrived home, so as she was on a early start a few ZZZZ's for her, after which a couple of quiz shows, Diana was up so we had our evening meal and a BattleBots, before a Antiques Road Show, then our film for the evening,

 Evolution, a surprisingly well made sci-fi comedy, with great special effects thrown in, when a meteorite falls to Earth two college professors, Dr. Ira Kane and Prof. Harry Phineas Block, are assigned the job of checking the site out, at the site, they discover organisms not of this planet, soon the site is taken over by the government, forcing Ira and Harry to the side, as the new life-forms begin to evolve and start to get more and more dangerous, it's up to the two professors to save the planet, well worth watching for the special effects if nothing else, after which Diana was off to bed, a Have I Got More News For You, before I too was off to bed.


No comments: