Thursday 11 July 2024

They Have Arrived!

the official digital images from Diana's citizenship ceremony, 


Diana all smiles as she holds the piece of paper that took us so long to achieve, 

well I just had too!

blog posted and I was off to visit Duncan, 

Belisha beacons installed ready for the Zebra crossing to be painted on the road, 

the number 54 bus was packed today, 

past work starting on another part of the mini roundabout, this area the pavement opposite Foxgrove Lodge, 

Peter Pan's Pool,

in the distance it looked like it was going to be a nice day,

this bee garden looking good, 

a stop at the bus garage, 

for a change of driver,

but I was soon passing Lewisham market, 

I arrived in Blackheath village, the florists closed, 

in one window bare shelves as stock is sold and not replaced,

at the station work still to start on the woodwork above the platforms,

luckily the train went through to Gravesend, so no changing trains at Dartford, I arrived in Gravesend and had to run for the 483 bus which had just arrived, so no photograph of the sky over Gravesend, I was soon walking up the hill to where the nursing home is that Duncan stays in,

the hydrangeas in this garden looking nice,

into the grounds of the home,

the roses past their best, Duncan was in fine sprits, we chatted away about Diana's citizenship ceremony, and where we picked the cherries that I had brought down for Duncan, I mentioned that we ate at the Malta Inn, which Duncan remembered well from the days he and his family used to eat there, I also chatted about where we will be going at the weekend, as his lunch arrived we said our farewells,

outside it was getting cloudy, and a bit windy,

the apples looking nice, I was in luck with the bus and train, only a short wait for both, and the good news, again no changing at Dartford, 

I was soon on the number 54 bus, passing these hanging baskets, 

that looked nice in the sun in Lewisham,

in Lewisham gardens,

the first of the geraniums are starting to flower, 

near Catford police station a bit of street drama, 15 or so police officers stopping cars that had been spotted by a ANPR vehicle position some way up the road before the coned off area cars are pulled over in, 

and this is the spotter car, a unmarked police vehicle in the middle of the road,  

I hope this routemaster has valid tax, insurance and MOT!

the bee garden on this building, 

seems to have recovered well,

as had this one,

the plants in their red coloration for the summer, 

off of the bus and into the park, Diana was already at home as she was on a early shift this morning,

after a quiz show, time for a read and a sherry,

a prawn salad for our starter, 

after which, 

it was time for a bottle of bubbly, 

to celebrate Diana becoming a citizen of the UK easy does it,

success!

a glass each, 

and time for a wagyu burger and all of the trimmings! Diana's with corn still on the cob, 

knowing how ham fisted I am Diana had removed the corn from the cob for myself,

'Cheers!',

for dessert a mango & passion fruit posset for Diana, a Belgian chocolate ganache for myself, in the evening as we were watching BattleBots, Diana commented about the sky looking red,

not so much a red sky as a red cloud, but hopefully it is a sign that the weather will improve, we watched a Midsomer Murder, after which Diana went to bed, another early start, for myself one from Have I Got More News For You, before I too was off to bed.


No comments: