Thursday 25 July 2024

It Is Diana's Day Off,

so as soon as I post this we will be out, 


which means there will be only one post again today, into a nice day as I made my way out of the park to visit Duncan, 

work continuing at the park entrance, 

asphalt being delivered so I guess one of the pavements has been completed, 

on to the number 54 bus, I was soon passing the island in Peter Pan's Pool,

looking towards Catford, clear blue skies,

stopping at this bus shelter, 

the plants in the bee garden going red with their summer foliage,

into Lewisham, the plants above The Watch House looking nice,

in Lewisham the market open, this stall selling pots and pans along with all manner of kitchenware, on the good news front Alan was meeting me at the station in Gravesend, so we were both going to visit Duncan, I had already told Alan what time my train arrives as he lives quite a way from the station, then disaster!

my train was cancelled, strangely enough I was not surprised,
 
so instead of traveling through to Gravesend, it was as is usual in the winter, a change of trains at Dartford, 

still the good news was that it gave me time to take a photograph of the new terrace flower bed, 

and the fountain that was working today,

Alan picked me up from the station, and we made our way to the nursing home where Duncan lives,

well I had to! Duncan was in fine sprits, and appreciated Alan visiting him, Diana had bought some grapes for Duncan which he likes, we chatted away, the latest news today was of course Biden resigning and what that would mean if Kamala Harris became president, as well as a few other things, as Duncan's lunch was about to be served we said our farewells and left, the good news was that not having to wait for the 483 bus I could catch the earlier train, which was great as I wanted to pick up a few things in Bromley instead of going directly home, the earlier train meaning that I would arrive home at my usual time, 

but it was not to be, the platform known as 0 deserted, yes you guessed it, train cancelled again!, so a stop and change of trains at Dartford, arriving at Blackheath Village I was soon onto a number 54 bus but instead of gong straight home I changed to a 185 to take me to Bromley, 

which gave me a chance to photograph the geraniums,

in the flower beds near the 185 bus stop,

these a very dark red,

also the war memorial, Lest We Forget, the bus was packed so I did not take any photographs, 

I soon arrived at Bromley, the market square with only one stall open today,

so a clear view of Primark,

it was a tad windy for the balloons as they bounced on the ground,

I made my way past the fruit and vegetable stalls that were not open today, 

into Lidl to pick up essential supplies, 6 litres of wine, 3 litres of spiced dark rum and a large bottle of sherry and I was all set for the rest of the month, I forgot also bought a carton of milk, onto the 227 and I was on my way home, walking from the stop through the park, my arms felt like they were dropping off, the carrier bags were so heavy,

 anyway I was soon indoors and having my evening read and sherry, 

for tonight Diana had made a couple of chicken burgers, with curly chips and a balsamic drizzled salad, 

'Cheers!',

for dessert a chocolate mousse, 

well I had to have another 'Cheers!', plenty of wine in stock! after listening to music it was time to watch television, which was a disaster, for some reason our box which worked perfectly yesterday, had now gone mustang, it was worse than ever! we both enjoy watching a number of programs, but we could not watch BBC 1 or and other BBC channels, the same for ITV, so YouTube and Netflix it was, to give you an idea of what the reception was like after Diana had gone to bed I tried to watch Have I Got A Bit More News For You,

this is what I was watching, what was slightly annoying was that yesterday everything was perfect, still the good news is that BT have said our new BT hub, box and telephone box are on the way, so hopefully when the technician calls on Monday, normal service will be retuned, and with that I too was off to bed.


No comments: