Thursday 18 July 2024

Blog Posted,

and I was out to visit Duncan,


into a bright sunny day, 

the bus was packed again this morning, 

I was soon passing Peter Pan's Pool,

and heading towards Catford,

but then a stop to change drivers at the bus garage, 

continuing into Lewisham, the market open for business,

in Blackheath village the florist next door to the station closed, I guess in a few weeks all of the stock will be gone and a new owner moving in,

on the platform, no changes to the woodwork, 

having been removed a number of weeks ago,

but every so often a new bracket had been put in place, 

a great start to the train journey, no changing trains at Dartford, 

at Gravesend blue skies, 

opposite the bus stop the hanging baskets on the Somerset Arms, 

looking nice,

off of the 483 bus and a walk up the hill to the nursing home where Duncan lives, 

as I walked into the grounds I could not help but notice the apples, 

lots of them!

inside Duncan was in fine spirts, we chatted about some of the latest news regarding the shooting in the USA and our trip to the steam fair at the weekend, 

when Duncan's lunch arrived I made a move for the bus stop,

the car park still full of builders lorries and materials, so visitors cars park in every other bay, 

from this side, 

 
lots of apples too,

I was lucky with the bus to the station and the train, hardly any waiting at all, the same for the number 54 bus, passing the flower beds at Lewisham hospital,
 
the red geraniums now starting to flower, 

in the next bed white ones too,

in Catford, 

as I mentioned before, the cat needs a lick of paint,

the wisteria covering this building bigger than ever, 

I was soon nearing home, the bee garden on top of this bus shelter doing well,

one of the few that are, 

alighting I walked to the entrance to the park, the Belisha Beacon on the other side of the road now installed,

the two gate houses to this entrance to the park, the one on the right, Foxgrove Lodge obscured by wisteria,

in its garden the hydrangeas putting on a good show,

by the snail mail box, a few clouds arriving in what was a very warm day, 

I had made good time and it must be a record, I was indoors by 3.15 in the afternoon, the first thing I did was to call the dentists, the abscess was coming back and getting painful, appointment made for 11.00 tomorrow morning, Diana was already at home so we watched a couple of quiz shows before my read and sherry, the latest Private Eye arriving this morning, 

for our starter, melon wrapped in Parma ham on a bed of lettuce drizzled with a balsamic sauce,

'Cheers!',

for our main course Diana had a spaghetti dish, 

for myself a 30 day aged steak, with all of the trimmings,

eyes down and tuck in, we then settled down for a BattleBots and a Antiques Road Trip, before a Midsomer Murder, not one of the new series unfortunately, after which Diana was off to bed, another early start tomorrow, for myself a Have I Got A Bit More News For You followed by one from the concert party, It Ain't Half Hot Mum, before I too was off to bed.


No comments: