Wednesday 31 July 2024

I Am Only Making One Post Today,

and as soon as I post it I will be out to visit Duncan, 


back to Tuesday, it was a bright sunny day, as I made my way out of the park,

at the entrance as we found early this morning when I dropped Diana off at work, 

most of the work was finished on the mini roundabout, 

and there it was, the culmination of 11 weeks work, the job is scheduled to be totally finished 1 week from now, 

the Zebra crossings all painted, all that has to happen now is the Belisha Beacons to be plugged in, 

I made my way across the tracks, 

to the ticket office to buy next months tickets, only one of the roller shutters was down, which means the other window although closed will be manned, the assistant taking a break or out shopping, a 30 minute wait and the station was open for business, tickets to visit Duncan for next month purchased and I was on my way, I had to drop of the pieces of kit that was replaced into the post office to have them returned to BT

past the green, 

and church, 

and then a bit of fun, I have seen many post boxes decorated with a 'cap' but this has to be the best so far, 

a knitted cat atop the box!

who ever knitted this must have taken so much time and trouble, but I have to admit it did look really cute, and from a distance quite realistic, 

into the post office, parcel dropped off and receipt given,

back into the park,

and home for a afternoon of catching the rays, after Diana arrived home I popped upstairs for our evening meal, after a that and a BattleBots, and a Antiques Road Trip it was time for a recommendation from John and Alley, 

Wycliffe, they had watched it and knowing our liking for murder mysteries thought we might like this as well, and we did! from IMDB 'Supt. Wycliffe keeps the Cornish coastline crime free as he tackles arsonists, kidnappers and the odd psycho', as it happens the area looked just like the windswept and stormy coast that we visited back in February 2022, it was so stormy our aircraft from the mainland to the Scilly Isles was cancelled! back to the programme, it was nice to see a young Bill Nighy who we both enjoy watching as a actor, particularly in spy based films and series, after which Diana was off to bed, for myself one from Have I Got A Bit More News For You, before I too was off to bed.


No comments: