Tuesday 9 July 2024

As Today Is Diana's Day Off,

I am only making one post today, 


as we will be out early, back to Monday, I had a few things to do, I wanted to buy some rail tickets for Sunday, but our 2 travel together card had expired, I went online to renew our card, first pay for it, which was easy to do, £30.00 later and I received the code to download the card, then it all went wrong, I could not find anywhere to put the one off code, looking at the help page I was not alone, so many other customers had the same problem, so a call to the rail company, which thankfully only took a few minutes, I was told what to do and hey presto I had the card on my telephone, next out of the park,

and a walk to the railway station, 

over the passenger bridge, 

to find the ticket office closed, 

next a walk past the green,

and churchyard, which needs a bit of a haircut!

on to a number 227 bus to alight at the dentists for a check-up, £28.00 later and I was on my way on a 358 bus,

to This 'N' That, the antiques shop,  

over the road from Kingfisheries, where I had to drop off some plastic bags I had bought for the shop,

on to a number 54 bus and back to the station, 

only to find the ticket office still closed, 

I had no other choice other than to cross the footbridge again and make my way home,

as it happen work is still continuing on the mini roundabout that will be a the entrance to the park,

some of the wisteria on Foxgrove Lodge is having a second flowering, 

also some of the roses are looking nice,

I continued walking home and managed to beat the rain that was forecast for today, Diana arrived home shortly after me, it was soon time for a couple of quiz shows and our evening meal before 2 films for this evening,

first Dante's Peak, the name of the town that won second prize in the most desirable place to live with a population of under 20,000 in America, que town placed number three get ready to move up one! for me a good though predictable story line with surprisingly good special effects, a sort of mini disaster movie as it only hit one town, after which it was, 

A Beautiful Mind,John Forbes Nash, Jr., known and published as John Nash, was an American mathematician who made fundamental contributions to game theory, real algebraic geometry, differential geometry, and partial differential equations, he was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia in 1959 and has spoken openly about mental illness, to read more about him and his work have a look here, the film is about him and the demons he conquered, a fascinating movie, at the end of which Diana was off to bed as we have a early start tomorrow, for myself one from Have I Got A Bit More News For You before I too was off to bed.


No comments: