Wednesday 29 September 2010

The Day Started Out Overcast

with thunder in the distance, just as we left the house the rain started, the good news was that it sort of followed us not too hard, but I was glad I had the rain mac on, the good news was that many had decided not to chance the rain, so the hell hole under The Central Festival was not crowded at all, one of the only time we have been there and not had a problem, parking or being blocked in by other bikes,
unfortunately there was nothing on that we wanted to see in the big cinema, so fall back plan A, a ride in the 4D theater, a bit expensive at 200 baht each, but so much fun in 7 minuets, Diana was shrieking with laughter as was I, we had been on the 'ride' before, so this time we knew what to expect, this time Cosmic Coaster, great fun!
next a bit of shopping, a couple of Sudoku books for Diana, I have tried to master this game, but I have no idea how to play it, I just get a mental block,
on the way to the lift we stopped off at one of the big television stores, and there was my dream selection, two series 7 Samsung LED televisions 46" and 55" and two series 8 televisions again 46" and 55" all playing the same DVD, do not get me wrong they are all fine pieces of kit, but the series 8 46" was way above the rest, now where do I get 119,000 baht to buy it, oh and I forgot the sound system, but one piece of good news, buy the television and you get the 3D Blu-Ray player thrown in for free and three sets of 3D glasses - bargain!
now in the lift, we are going to do a bit of shopping in the food court on the ground floor,
a very gray, wet Pattaya bay,
I would have taken a picture of the food court, but as soon as I took my camera out of my pocket a security guard came rushing over 'no picture, no picture!' I guess he thought I was a spy from Tesco or Makro, shame really what harm would it have done if two tourists wanted to take a shot of some of the fabulous things on display there? but the good news inside I found this, apple cider vinegar, I have read that a couple of teaspoons of this twice a day helps with the gout and diabetes the trick is to buy organic and with 'mother' a term used to describe the ingredients in the mix, I have tried it, it tastes like, well vinegar, so I will see over the next week or so how I fare, I should say last night my foot swelled up again and walking was painful today,
the good news also was that we bought some of these delicious Australian strawberries, after the evening meal cold for dessert,
then feet up and on to the DVD's first Fracture, a court room drama that we both like so much, a lawyer in the public office destined for better things takes on a last case, but is sloppy and pays the price, freedom for the accused, the perfect murder, or is it?
another from Hitchcock, Frenzy, set in Covent Garden, London, it was great to see the market as it was we had been there just last month, but back to the film, a vicious murderer is out there, always leaving his trade mark, a twisted and knotted necktie left around the victims throats, of course the wrong guy is framed, but the truth will out, just a slight mistake, the English secretary, when describing the killer says 155lbs to the police, wrong! she would have given the weight in stones and pounds, the good news Hitchcock was easy to spot in this one,
perhaps the strangest of them all here,Family Plot, not scary or devious enough to be a murder or suspense film, but also not funny enough to be a comedy, also so predictable, Hitchcock made a cameo in this movie but as a shadow, his profile seen behind a door, then a couple of Tales of the Unexpected then off to bed.

No comments: