Tuesday 14 September 2010

It Started Out As A Quiet Day,

I was still having a few minor problems with my computer, also the same bulb in the kitchen had blown three times, so about midday the computer guy called round, after three hours we eventually convinced EBay that I was who I was! so back to collecting stamps, after that I called round to see Mark, Diana stayed home as she wanted to clean the house, by a stroke of good fortune Alex was there as well, I had been meaning to phone him for the past few days, but some how always remembered about midnight instead of at a reasonable hour, so it was time for a tea and a chat,
Alex had his two boys with him as well, Alex and Charlie, above Charlie moved just as I pressed the shutter,
that's better, I must get on with the railway as Alex Jr wants to call round to play Casey Jones, next as I was out and about I called in to see Fred who I had not seen for some time, Fred who is AKA Pattaya's oldest teenager was in good spirits, hopefully we will meet up again in the near future,
so after our evening meal we settled down to watch Mississippi Burning, Diana fell asleep mid way through it, but for me it was a harsh reminder of the intolerance that existed in the 1960's when 3 freedom teenagers were murdered in Mississippi, although a true story much of it was given over to making a bigger movie of the events, for instance in the movie hundreds of FBI agents arrived on the scene, in fact a total of just 11 were dispatched by J. E. Hoover, although bus loads of sailors were drafted in to search the swamps, but compelling viewing never the less,
next How The West Was Won, a story of how four generations of folks from trappers through to settlers put their mark on the American countryside, from the gold rush to railroads, the Civil War to American Indians it was all there, this was one of the last films to splice three separate films together to make a wide screen format, but it has transferred to Blu-Ray quite well although some times the 'splices' are a bit obvious it dose have a superb richness of colour, a real blockbuster of a film, next of course, another two episodes of Hill Street Blues, then off to bed.

No comments: