Thursday 16 September 2010

Not Much Time This Morning,

we are off to the bank, then Makro for some shopping then fishing, but I am getting ahead of myself, yesterday we called in to see Juu, he has moved some of his plants around from his other house,
I do not know what they are but it seems they are quiet expensive,
in the fish pond there are a number of albino catfish, these are about two feet long, to give them their proper name Pangasianodon hypophthalmus,
we both enjoy looking at the fish, as Juu and his wife loves looking after them,
can you see the two dark shapes at the bottom of the pool? they are two Arapaima gigas, now they must be about 5 years old, I bought one for a birthday present for Juu, he bought another one as he thought it might get lonely, at that time they were both just six or seven inches long,
but look at them now! this is not trick photography, they really are the length of Diana and weigh twice as much, all that growth in just 5 years,
also in the pool, a cloud of over two thousand small fry, a pair of snakeheads decided to spawn, I am not sure which one of the specie of Channa this one is, but in the US and other countries where they have been introduced into the wild they can have an effect on the local fish population, as this report just two days old shows, the problem is once introduce, by luck or deliberately, they are virtually impossible to eradicate, so far a lot of the hysteria has died down but they are eating local resource which the indigenous population might have had access to before,
after a few games of pool at Juu's house we made a move over to one of his brothers bars,
the Top 10 Beer Bar, it is near Charlies fishing park, go past that on the left turn left at the temple and it is on the left,
the temple is down that way,
even though we had already eaten at Juus the girls had a snack or two,
after a couple of drinks there back home for a short rest than glad rags on,
I had promised I would take Diana out for a meal as it was Wednesday evening where else than the International buffet at Cherry's?
'Cheers!' from me with my first plate of starters,
Diana went straight into the main courses,
but for me another plate of starters, they were so delicious,
Diana as lovely as ever,
by now I was full so much so I could not even manage a dessert, but Diana rounded her meal off with some fresh fruit and a creme brulee,
then home feet up and watch a DVD or two, after some Hotel Chocolate,
tonight it was The Wolfman, the story line is of course well known, but I was totally underwhelmed by this film, it had such a lot going for it, I preordered it on Blu-Ray before it was available, but we have only now got round to watching it, but it begs the question why was it such a nondescript movie? some movies I like to watch again and again, I cannot see this one going back into the player anytime soon! then on to the highlight of this evenings DVD's, two episodes of Hill Street Blues, then off to bed.

2 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

That's a very funny coincidence... Epril and I watched The Wolfman last night as well.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Jil, where you as underwhelmed as I was or was it me being spoilt with other films special effects/actors/directors? best regards, Stan and Diana.