Monday 27 September 2010

Too Good To Be True?

I do quite like photography, I also have a 4.5" telescope, so when I saw this picture of Saturn in a British tabloid newspaper I was intrigued, but it is a false colour composite picture, coloured so that scientist can examine in more detail the auroral phenomenon, (if you look at the movie on the web site you can see it sifting over the 10 hour 47 minute Saturnian day),
also on the NASA website is this color composite picture amongst others, going back to my telescope many years ago in the evenings Steve (B2) would call over and we would spend the evening star gazing when I had my place out in the jungle, but now unfortunately there is so much light pollution in Pattaya it was not worth all of the trouble of setting it up, nice coloured pictures of Saturn though.

No comments: