Sunday 7 October 2012

Despite The Weather,

we made a start on painting the front gate and fence,


 all was going well,

 but I had made one slight mistake, deciding that I did not want to get paint on my belt I did not put it on,

much to Diana's amusement I had to struggle brush in mouth to keep pulling my trousers up,

 naturally Diana helped with the painting till rain stopped play,

 in the afternoon Mike called round with Slim Jim,

 as we were going to Mike and Riza's house warming, we also picked up Mark on the way,

 Jean and his girlfriend Thel were also there, Riza had prepared so many tasty dishes, she had literally worked all night,

 the cat had taken refuge on the top of Mikes car,

 one of Mikes friends also called Mike had dropped in, and one of his dogs had followed him,

 meanwhile Thel and Diana were belting out numbers on the karaoke machine,

 the cat still deciding if it was safe to come down,

 you can see the dilemma, get chased by a dog or put up with the singing!

 by now we had finished eating, the food was delicious, many thanks to Riza for all of her hard work and to Mike for inviting us, then down to business, all of the girls on the karaoke machine,

 Mike has tweaked his one and the one in Margaritaville,

 they both have over 14,000 songs on each!

 then home a shower, change and out for the night,

 the boys were back in town! we started off in Champions, catching up on all of the news, we then called in to see Greg in Roxy's, who took great care of us, the evening just flew past, it seemed like in one second we had just meet then the next thing it was past midnight!

so we all said our goodbyes, the boys in a baht bus and me looking for a motorbike taxi, the problem was the rains had come back, it was belting it down, getting on to the only motorbike taxi I could find it appeared I had unwittingly picked the shortest driver in town, no matter how much I tried I just got soaked as I could not huddle down behind the driver who was wearing a plastic rain coat, arriving home a quick change of clothes, a cup of hot coffee and we were off to bed.

No comments: