Saturday 10 April 2010

We Run Out Of Water Every Year Or So,

but this year it has been exceptionally bad, the water in the mains is switched off for a few days at a time, so everyone has a storage tank, up till last year not a great problem, but the pressure in the mains was just not strong enough to fill our tank on the roof, so like lot of others we decided to bring it to ground level, so from the back of the house over the roof with the 1,000 liter tank,
careful! this is when I had to lend a hand, for a thin metal tank it was well heavy!
and safely down,
as I had Thannet and his friend around I thought I would double our water holding capacity by buying a second tank, this time plastic,
Thannet is gluing the new pipe work in place, for today we will have one tank in use, a metal frame is now being made to support the plastic tank on, that will bring the tops of both tanks level,
off to a busy Friendship for some shopping,
now we had water it was time to clean the second aquarium,
the business end of the gravel cleaner,
also we had enough water to wash a weeks worth of dust from the drive,
then to Teprisitt night market as it was Friday,
no motorbikes or cars by the beer bar, just jeans,
Levis, Lee and Wrangler, all for 150 baht a pair, I wonder if they are genuine copies?
the latest crop of durians at the market,
the food stalls were really crowded,
a few new plants in the plant section,
very pretty, they almost look fake,
this is new for the market, a fish spa, small fish nibble your feet to remove dead skin, much to the amusement of some local children,
as I had cleaned the aquarium I decided to buy a few new fish for it,
notice the mistake, (I did not till we arrived home), I bought 5 bags of fish from this shop,
and two from this one,
not many in each bag, except here where I bought 20 tiger barbs, Barbus tetrazona, a native of amongst other places Thailand,
this guy got it correct, he is putting pure oxygen in the bags, the two bags from this stall were fine when we arrived home, unfortunately the other stall topped up the bags with CO2, carbon dioxide, when we arrived home all of the fish in the 5 bags were dead, no survivors, such a shame, not for the money, but for the waste of the lives of the fish, all because the shop worker had not been trained, also I regret to say I should have been more on the ball and watched what he was doing,
but hopefully this young lad with his fathers tutelage will become a proficient fish keeper,
all through the market a small group of people were giving away free water, try as I might I never seem to find a group giving away free beer!
Diana back from shopping so off we go to 388,
after our evening meal. I had tuna salad, Diana made herself spaghetti bolognese, followed by some fresh fruit and rounded of with some Hotel Chocolate, then feet up for another adventure of Sherlock Holmes, The Solitary Cyclist, I still could not work out who did it! then off to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carbon dioxide is CO2, not CQ2!!

PattayaStan said...

Dear Anonymous, a slip of the keys, what would Mr. Gregory my chemistry master say? Well I know and I could not repeat it here! mistake rectified, best regards, Stan and Diana.